Recursos e visão geral técnica
Recursos e visão geral técnica
EPPlus é uma biblioteca .NET Framework/.NET Core para gerenciar planilhas do Office Open XML, distribuídas via Nuget . A versão 5 suporta .NET Framework da versão 3.5 e .NET Core da versão 2.0. Atualmente é um único DLL e não tem dependências de nenhuma outra biblioteca, como o Microsoft Excel.
A biblioteca foi projetada com o desenvolvedor em mente. Nosso objetivo sempre foi que um desenvolvedor com conhecimento do Excel ou qualquer outra biblioteca de planilhas deve facilmente se atualizar para acelerar a API. Ou - como alguém disse - intellisense seu caminho para a vitória!
Novidades no EPPlus 5
- Create, read and modify Office Open XML workbooks (xslx and xlsm)
- Supports both .NET Framework and .NET Core. No difference in feature set between the frameworks.
- Provides an easy to use, strongly typed, programming interface, which is closely related to the well-known Excel VBA API.
- Managed code only, no dependencies to Microsoft Excel
- Battle-hardened codebase after many years as the worlds most downloaded .NET library for managing spreadsheets. Quality ensured by thousands of unit-tests.
- The source code for EPPlus is openly available on Github , distributed under the Polyform Noncommercial license
Performance (large workbook)
EPPlus 5.3.2 creates the following workbook and writes it to disk in approximately 47 seconds (i7 CPU 1.8 Ghz, 16 GB RAM, SSD, Win10, .NET Core 3.1). It loads the same workbook from disk into an ExcelPackage instance in approximately 32 seconds.
- 200 columns
- 100,000 rows
- 50% of the data written to the cells are integers, 50% are strings with a length of 36 characters
- Workbook size: 65 Mb
- Document/Printer settings
- Supports 1,048,576 rows and 16,384 columns
- Add, remove, re-order, rename, hide/unhide worksheets in a workbook
- Copy worksheets within a workbook or to another workbook with maintained styling and shifting of addresses/references.
- Print areas
- Page breaks
- Freeze/unfreeze panes
- Merge cells
- Autofit columns
- Altering worksheet properties such as gridlines, tab colors, etc.
- Create, modify, delete, hide/unhide cells or entire ranges
- Sort ranges
- Insert/delete ranges - depending addresses will be shifted.
- Copy ranges to a new address with maintained styling and addresses/reference shifting within a workbook or to another workbook.
- Named ranges
- The cell store supports IEnumerable, so Cells/Ranges can be queried with Linq
- Wrap text, text rotations and more
- Named Styles
- Built-in calculation engine with no dependency to Excel or any other library
- Calculate entire workbook, a worksheet or a single range
- Supports 297 of the most common functions
- Support for named ranges and the R1C1 format.
- Add custom functions in runtime
Import/export data to and from worksheets
- Import data into a formatted table from enumerables of objects, arrays, DataSets, DataReaders, text-files, etc., with just one line of code.
- Export data to csv files, strings, data tables or streams with many configuration parameters
Supports load and save from/to both files and streams
- Can create workbooks in a web application and write to the response stream without file access.
- Get workbook as byte-array
- Supports async/await
Auto filters/Table Filters
- Create, read, modify, apply and delete filters of the types below:
- Value filters
- Date/Time filters
- Custom filters
- Top 10 filters
- Dynamic filters
- Create, read, modify, delete Data validations
- Types of validations supported: Integer (whole in Excel), Decimal, List, Date, Time, Any and Custom.
- Strongly typed interface for each validation type
- Create, read, modify Conditional formatting
- 45 types of conditional formatting supported
- Strongly typed interface for each conditional formatting type
- 60 predefined styles
- Create and modify custom table styles from scratch or using a built-in style as template.
- Support for adding and deleting rows/columns (with shifting)
- Total row with predefined functions (supported by the built-in Formula calculation)
- Adding, modifying and applying filters
- Adding, modifying or removing table slicers
- Export table to a System.Data.DataTable
- 84 predefined styles
- Create and modify custom pivot table styles from scratch or using a built-in style as template.
- Style your pivot table using pivot areas
- Add, modify or remove row, column, page and data fields.
- Support for 12 different data field functions.
- Support for numeric and date grouping
- Adding calculated fields
- Support for adding, modifying filters.
- Adding, modifying or removing pivot table slicers
- Adding, modifying or removing table- and pivot table- slicers
- 14 predefined styles
- Create and modify custom slicer styles from scratch or using a built-in style as template.
- Create, read, modify and delete comments (in later Excel versions renamed to Notes)
- Rich-text supported
- Threaded comments with support for mentions, resolve/re-open threads
- 187 different types of shapes supported
- Position, size, border, text, styling, color/gradient/effect/shadow, etc
- Supports adding images from file, stream or a System.Drawing.Image object
- Formats: jpg, gif, png, tiff, bmp, emf (Windows only), wmf (Windows only)
- Supports adding, modifying and removing nine different types of form controls
- Support to connect controls to VBA macros, link to cells and more.
- Support for all Excel 2019 chart types
- Full support for modern chart styling
- Load charts using crtx-files
- Strongly typed classes for the different chart types
- Create, read, modify and delete Sparklines
- Load themes from thmx-files
- Modify current theme
- Protect workbooks with password
- Open protected workbooks with password
- Protect workbook, worksheets or ranges
- Set workbooks to read-only with a password
- Encrypt/decrypt workbooks
- Supports both Standard (Older office versions) and Agile encryption (Office 2010 and later)
- Create, read, delete, modify VBA code/modules
- Sign VBA code with certificates
- Password protect VBA projects
- Supported formats